Sunday 17 February 2013

Hello Kitty Gachapon - Yokohama

The watch today is one that isn't actually mine. I'd given it to my sister-in-law as a present, and I got it back today so I could change the battery - so I thought I'd blog it while it was here!

The watch came directly from Japan where it was one of the prizes in a gachapon machine. I won it when I was on a trip there in 2008, and it was one of a few gachapon watches I got. The gachapon are a machine where you get a random prize in a small plastic ball from a particular series of prizes (some rarer than others). This watch is a Hello Kitty series featuring watches linked with Japanese cities. This one is for Yokohama, and features a picture of Hello Kitty drinking from a giant bowl of soup.

The watch itself, is a basic four digit LCD watch, same as most novelty watches, and it uses an AG4/377 battery. The back was actually glued on, so it looks like the watch wasn't designed to be kept long enough to need a new battery. There are two plastic buttons on the side of the watch - for choosing time, date, and seconds display, and for setting (if you hadn't guessed already).

The back states the copyright being to Sanrio for 1976 (Hello Kitty's birth), and 2008 (the date of the watch). It also says the watch was made in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment