Wednesday 5 February 2014

Podium P2000 Wooden Watch

As I blog more of my watches, I'm surprised by the number that don't have any notable presence online.

This goes for today's watch which is the second wooden watch that is on my blog. The watch is called the P2000 or Podium 2000, and I guess that Podium is the brand. The front of the dial has a P2000 logo, with the metal access screw in the back showing Podium 2000.

The watch case is made from a rectangular block of wood, which looks like it is a continuous solid block which has been chiselled out. The watch movement is covered by a wooden back plate with a metal screw in the centre.

The face is also chiselled out, and houses the two hand dial covered by a plastic glass. The front of the watch also has metal blobs embedded at the 3,6, and 9 o'clock positions and two at the 12 o'clock position.

Inside, the watch has a hand wind mechanical movement, and he strap is a single fabric strip which loops behind the body.

I don't know when it was made, but I bought it online in the early 2000s. The name could be a clue that it is from 2000, or it saw the year 2000 as futuristic.

No comments:

Post a Comment