Monday 14 December 2015

Boy London B131

On my way out this morning, I grabbed one of my many Boy London watches, and again this is one with a different style!

This model has the number B131 and is a 3 hand dial design quartz watch. The dial is completely unlike any other of my Boy London models, and features none of the normal shapes, symbols, or even styles I've blogged before. This watch has a printed face of what looks to be a photo of a pattern of studs and ball bearings. In small writing between the pattern is the Boy London name, and that is it for the obvious branding.

The back is a design I've seen before, with the B symbol from the B for Boy line of watches they released. The back also has the text Boy London since 1976, referring to the date when Stephanie Raynor founded the brand in London (-for more brand info, see my other Boy London posts).  The only other information on the watch shows it has a stainless steel back, Japanese movement, and is 3atm water resistant.

The date is one of the hard things to measure with these watches, as it doesn't always correspond with the key dates for the brand. Trying to date it from the design also has me confused, as I've not seen anything quite like it, but if I had to guess, I'd say early 00s...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reviewing this watch. The design like you mentioned already, is realy completely different to what I've seen before - in need of getting used to, but I kind of like it. A Black watch band might look a bit better than the one in your images IMHO

    ReplyDelete