Friday 4 March 2016

Metro Design - Omni

Today's watch is another Metro watch, but not the same line of watches I blogged a couple of days ago.
This watch is by a brand called Metro Design, and so far they are a bit of a mystery. I've seen the watches on the Japanese auctions, but when I try to search online, there are too many answers about Metro design relating to city planning for me to find anything about the watches (an when I try to be more specific, I get no results).
The watch is called 'omni' and according to the back of was designed by Romago. It is a large watch, and at a first glance, it appears to just have a blank face with the hour numbers just visible around the edge, and the Metro Design name on the glass. Pressing the button above the crown lights an internal light, and as if by magic, the hands appear behind the glass to show the time. When the light isn't on, you cannot see the hands at all through the glass, no matter what angle you look from. For the time, it has a 3 hand dial design with a quartz movement.
The all black design is followed by the black leather strap, and this has the Metro Design name imprinted into the back of the leather.
The only other information on the watch comes from the back which states it is 3 atm water resistant (suggesting a European market), and that the case and back are stainless steel.
With regards to date, there is no information I've found to be able to definitively determine when it's from, but my hunch is that it is from the 2000s (and maybe 2010s).


UPDATE: It seems like this watch is part of the same Metro brand that I've posted before, but with the name Metro Design rather than Metro Delight. I've seen in an auction that the watch has an instruction manual from the regular Metro brand, and the model number is WW046

3 comments:

  1. Certainly out of the ordinary. I think I would have a hard time seeing that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giá bao nhiêu bạn ?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi jollyyard, do u buy watch that was been used and have some issues?

    ReplyDelete