Tuesday 29 October 2013

Citizen Independent Girl painted face watch

I was having trouble finding a name to describe today's watch, as I have with a few others from this range.

The watch is part of the Citizen Independent Girl range, which was part of the Independent line of watches that was released in 2007 and aimed at fashionable young persons. The Independent Girl watches were aimed at women, but as you may have noticed from my blog, many are large enough to be unisex.

This model uses the 1036 quartz module that is used by quite a few different watches in this range. It is a 3 hand dial design with a crown at the 3 o'clock position. It has a basic round face, but this is covered in raised lines (looking like I N I), with a painted style of writing (saying Independent) between them.

The full model number is 1036-003140-2, and it sold for 18,000 yen (+tax). I don't know when this was released, the serial number suggests 2000, but I know it is not sold by Citizen anymore. The catalogue number was ILA21-6132.

No comments:

Post a Comment