Wednesday 25 January 2012

John the watch

So today is the first proof that my watch collection is not just full of rare and exclusive watches, but is home to the weird, wonderful, and occasionally downright silly! This watch firmly falls in the silly category :-).

The watch itself is a standard, watch which I've seen sold cheaply in many stores. The model is called the Rubicon, and manufactured for the Yazaki Co. Ltd from Tokyo. On the box, the Rubicon is refered to as "The Great Trick Timepiece".

What got me interested in buying this one was that it had been given a cute personality ( reminding me of cookie monster from sesame street), and that we share a name - yes, the watch is called John! Everyone, say hi to John the watch :-) The conclusion of this post is that if you want to make a cheap plain watch interesting, give it eyes and a name, and make it cute (and I'll buy it. ;-) ) !!


No comments:

Post a Comment