Wednesday 29 February 2012

Seiko Wired XYZ "flight" Limited Edition - Zaizu range

This watch is from another of Seiko's sub-brands, the Seiko Wired.
The particular model is one of the Wired XYZ range and seems to be aimed at travellers who like flying (and it even has a plane silhouette printed above the display).

The watch has two inverse dot-matrix LCD displays, rotated at 90 degrees to a normal display. The right-hand screen shows the time, and the left screen shows the time in one of 3 alternative time-zones (which you can set yourself). Pressing the middle button on both sides at the same time switches the two times, so quickly allowing you to change time-zones. The W771 module also has date and two alarms, and an electro-luminescent backlight.

The model shown is a limited edition of this design, with only 300 being made. The model version is 0AB0 (compared to the normal versions model number of 0AA0). Another one of these for sale suggested that it was part of the Zaizu (ザイズ) range, but this could also be the Japanese nickname for the XYZ watches.


3 comments:

  1. Hi there Jollyaard!

    I just stumbled across your blog, and it seems pretty cool. I just wanted to tell you about a little endeavor of mine. My idea is to take old vintage watches and watch parts, and put them together in new ways to make "new" watches. I'm raising money through a kickstarter project, here's the link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1515752249/new-vintage-watches

    I realize you are more into electronic and digital watches, and I would be dealing mostly with mechanical ones, but I thought this might interest you or maybe some of your readers. Anyway, have a great day, and I can't wait to see some more of your awesome watches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Seiko Wired that looks just like the Pulsar Wired model PD6011 (overstock.com) which is all over the place. The Seiko Wired that is like the Pulsar one can not be found anywhere on line. I emailed Seiko China.. thay said it was Japan.. I emailed Japan.. they said it was China... It does say China on the back but they will not take ownership of this thing... must be a super rare watch.. I am trying to figure out a good selling price for it but I can't get a straight answer..any help would be appreciated.. I can also ne reached at wchilder@twcny.rr.com ... Thank You All...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the features of your watch. It's easy to look at the dial because of the fact that it doesn't have that too much display, which can be very confusing at times. This watch can be worn on any type of occasion you want. I like this one, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete