Thursday 1 March 2012

Casio Ana-Digi Alarm Chronograph AQ-441G

Today is the most unusual Casio watch I own. A Casio Alarm Chronograph Ana-Digi AQ-441G watch with a rotating dial and LCD display. There is virtually no record of this I could find on the web, so I know very little about the watch (apart from the fact it is rather rare).

What I can say is that the watch operates with a 307 module, and from the serial number, I'd guess this was made in 1987 or 1997, and at least 1500 were manufactured in the same month.
The analogue display uses 3 continuously moving discs (hours on the outside and seconds in the middle), and is set by the crown on the right.

The digital display has two buttons, the left for setting the time, and the right for changing modes. The modes on offer are dual time, date, alarm, and chronograph.


4 comments:

  1. Made in 1987. That's when I picked up mine, brand new, in Hong Kong.
    Mine says AQ-441, not AQ-441G.

    I was offered about $300 for it back around 1989 because they were already very collectible. They are rare! Even rarer is the gold-tone version which wasn't that visually appealing to me, compared to the very retro Chrome. I was told the gold-tone version could fetch $500-$600 already.

    They made a purely modern version as well and in the little instruction manual, that was the version used to illustrate as the functions and settings were otherwise identical. The AQ-441 didn't have its own unique manual.

    I have no idea how many were made. They were frequently seen in 1987, but by '88-'89 had virtually disappeared. Some of the modern styled ones could be seen, but those were scarce already. I will tell you this - For a Casio, these were not cheap. I can't remember the exact price but it was 2-3 times that of most other Casios. I think the only Casio priced higher was the Data-Bank because that was cutting-edge hi-tech and worn by "VIPs" who "needed" it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mega Rare Casio Watch....! One Recently sold on eBay the Gold version. But i already have the Gold Version. ;)

    Thanks
    VintageDigitalWatches.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one tô borow : cesar.c.limamama@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete