Friday 23 March 2012

Timex SSQ gold LED

Today is back to the early days of electronic watches, with an LED watch, thought to be from the late 70s.

The watch is part of the Timex SSQ range, where SSQ stands for Solid State Quartz.

The watch only has simple functions, with one press showing the time, and a second press showing day and date.

The watch back shows it was made in Taiwan, and should use Timex H-cell batteries (but AG12/386 batteries work fine).

The watch also has the number 202 engraved on the centre of the back, which could be the module or serial number.




3 comments:

  1. this looks cool! but in my own opinion I prefer to have it in black , I mean the bracelet thingy...I have one that kinda look like it..it's the odm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, I have a watch like this but i can't find how to operate it. any tips please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was working just fine until i changed the batteries.

      Delete