Wednesday 21 March 2012

Citizen Digi-Ana "Robot Face"

Today is an old Citizen Digi-Ana LCD from 1983, and due to its layout, is often called the Robot Face.
The has a main electronic dial, and 5 LCD sections. The LCD sections are:
Top left - seconds (or fractions of a second in stopwatch mode)
Top right - groups of 10 sec (or same as above in stopwatch)
Middle - mode
Middle left - time or date mode
Bottom - LCD display of time, date, alarm/chime status, or stopwatch.
The watch model is 30-0217, and has a 3078A strap.



5 comments:

  1. How much is it worth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have resurrected mine and am wearing it as I write. Had a new battery put in a few months ago after not using it since the late 80's. Works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just bought a brand new one, it's never had a battery in it and is complete with box tags and all the original books. They cost £59.50 in 1983 although I had to pay a fair bit more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just dug out my citizen robo face it’s still like new to look at going to put a battery in and see what happens.
    It put a smile on my face, I have a number of high end watches but this has memories of when I literally had nothing and just emigrated from uk.
    So to me it’s worth way more than my Rolex or AP.

    ReplyDelete