Wednesday 11 September 2013

Handmade Crescent Moon watch

Today, I'm at a conference where I'm making a presentation on a system I have developed, so wanted a watch with a more home-made feel.

This watch may be unique! It isn't a watch by a major brand, or even a minor one. All I know is that it is a handmade craft watch, and it was made by someone in Japan.

The watch part has a 3 hand dial with a quartz movement. The special bit is the case.

The case is designed as a crescent moon surrounding the round watch part. The text on the dial and around the crescent are hand etched roman numerals, and there is the makers name on the centre of the dial (but I can only make out that it starts with the letter T). From the crescent are two loops where the leather strap loops through. The strap is made from thick leather and is riveted at all joints, making me think that this is hand made too.

No comments:

Post a Comment