Tuesday 10 September 2013

Klaeuse Titan Solar SK-176

Today's watch is another for a sunny day, and another I don't have much information about.

The watch is by a Japanese brand called Klaeuse. Their name appears over many sites, but all are watch sales sites, and I haven't found their own homepage so far. The only thing I have seen is they they use expensive materials (titanium, silver, etc), so I'd guess they are a quality brand.
This watch is the Titan Solar. Based on the name, you'd be right if you'd guessed that this is a solar watch made with an all titanium case.

It has a 3 hand dial, with KO number markings, but with jewels at the 3, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock positions. The solar panels can be seen on the face, and it seems to have a good lifetime even without sun. Inside, it seems it has a Miyota 5L81 module.

The back states the material, and that this is 100m water resistant. It also has the model number SK-176-C.

4 comments:

  1. Recently received a classic Klaeuse as a wedding present. I've been looking around to find something about the brand's history, but have so far been completely unsuccessful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have klaeuse SK 201 C battery is buster I wonder if its replaceable its titan solar

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fiancé has this watch as it belonged to his grandfather. I would love to replace the battery but I have no idea how to find the proper battery to replace it. Do you know what battery can be used to make it work again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a piece of kleause sk-176-c

    ReplyDelete