Friday 20 September 2013

Twin Sword Ana-Digi Watch

As regular readers will know, I'm a big fan of the Citizen Independent 1481010 watches from the late 90s and early 00s. I've also taken this a bit further and collect watches who's design has been heavily inspired by the range and look surprising similar.
Today's watch is one of those which I thought looked like one of the 1481010 models. At this point, I was planning to link to the page where I've blogged one of these, but it appears I haven't blogged one yet... (I'll post an update here as soon as I do).
I'll carry on the story now, and it'll make more sense when you see the comparison with the 1481010 in one of the pictures below.
Initially, I thought this was identical in layout. But as the watch wasn't working, and the online photo wasn't very clear, I couldn't see the big difference - this watch is the other way up!
The watch is called Twin Sword and is an ana-digi model. At the top is a small 6 digit LCD display, and below is a 3 hand dial analogue display. The LCD panel is used for most of the modes, and the LCD can show time, date, alarm, or stopwatch.
There is no makers information on the watch, so I only know the watches name. Assuming this came after the 1481010, it would be from 1998 at the earliest.
Comparison of the Twin Sword against the similar (but other way up) 1481010 (on the left)

No comments:

Post a Comment