Thursday 30 January 2014

Storm "Dancing Man" watch

As my regular readers may have noticed, I've been a fan of Storm Watches for a long time, and it was a Storm that started my collecting. So I have a large collection of Storm watches, and today I'm sharing another one.

Unfortunately, today's watch is a bit of a mystery as I haven't been able to find its name, and so it's history is unclear.

From its design, and lack of name on the back, it is likely to be an early model. Storm of London started producing watches in 1989 with an eclectic mix of styles, with their early models having an unusual, but relatively uncluttered design.

This model looks very like the 1992 watch called Blast, but my watch has a different design on the glass (so maybe it's part of the same series). The front glass is thick, and covers the whole face of the watch with no border. The inside of the glass has been frosted, except for a pattern of a person in a baseball cap (who is maybe dancing). Behind the glass is a 3 hand dial watch (with a long seconds hand) and the watch face is mirrored behind that. The strap is a typical Storm design with solid end sections with a raised centre, and small links to the Storm branded clasp.

1 comment: