Friday 31 January 2014

Vega PA70 ladies LCD watch

I have ended up with quite a few ladies watches in my collection, as I have got them with collections of other watches, and although I can't really wear them, they are too interesting to get rid of.

Today's ladies watch is an 80s LCD model  by the Vega brand. The Vega line of watches was released by Citizen around the 1980 time frame. Citizen launched the Vega line to be their range of low priced digital watches, but Citizen ultimately decided to concentrate on the mid priced market instead.

This model is based around the PA70 module, and is a small cased LCD design. The LCD is a quite a clear display with 4 digits, and a slight slant to the numbers. It is quite a simple watch, but as well as the time, date, and seconds displays, there is also an alarm mode.

The full number on the back is PA70-341279, but I don't know if the second part is part of the model number or whether it is the serial number.

1 comment: