Friday 21 February 2014

Zero by Axcent of Scandinavia

I've been avidly watching on of the sports at the winter olympics. That sport is Curling, and as Great Britain is going for gold today, I thought I'd go for gold too - a gold watch (although it didn't help)!

This isn't a real gold watch, but is a very shiny gold coloured watch by Axcent of Scandinavia. Axcent were formed in the late 90s to bring Nordic design into the watch market, and are based in Stockholm, Sweden. They have become a fashion phenomenon with their motto "when art becomes a timepiece without costing a fortune".

This model is the Zero design by Daniel Jakobsson. Daniel was their brand/product manager and head designer from 2002 to 2009. In 2004 the Zero design was released with its high tech dot matrix module and wide leather strap.

The time is shown on the dot matrix LCD display with 6 digits (each 5x3 blocks). It has world time functions, a data bank (for 10 sets of details), and a stopwatch. Each mode has an animated entrance like shutters opening and then the name of the mode before the mode is started.

It had what I think is a catalogue number of x23482-7880, and it originally sold for ¥10,500.

1 comment:

  1. Hi.I have the same watch only its 2 rows of stones around the glass.I wonder if you know if the price is the same? And is this a ekspensiv clock? I got it as a gift..

    ReplyDelete