Monday 1 July 2013

Takeo Kikuchi TK 3043 Produced by Fortune

When I last posted about this brand, I'd never heard of it before, and in one of my piles of watch purchases, I then find I have more of them!

The watch is designed by the Japanese fashion designer Takėo Kikuchi. He was born in the late 30s and ran the self named label until 2004.

This watch has a similar refined style to the other one I've blogged with a rectangular metal framed face with small inset round dial. It is a 3-hand dial model and has a date marker at the 6 o'clock position. The face also includes the signature shield logo in the bottom right, and features the labels name on the buckle clasp. The brown resin strap matches the colour of the face, and has a humped design (which makes the buckle hold in place well without leaving the normal wear marks).

The back has the information that this was produced by Fortune, but I've still not found out more than my last blog post (with the closest match being a company in Hong Kong, but the watch says it's Japan made). It also mentions that it is 5atm water resistant.

The model number is TK-3043, and this one also has a 4 digit serial number meaning there may only be up to 9999 made. There also looks to be a makers sticker on the back with 7 and 9 marked. The 9 is for September (as it's in a circle of 12 digits), but the 7 could be for 1997 or 2007.

The full model number is TK 3043-U74, and it's original sale price was 25,000 yen.

No comments:

Post a Comment