Friday 2 August 2013

h.k.c dial cuff watch

Today's watch is one I know very little about. In some ways it even looks custom made!

The watch is a basic 3 hand dial design with a Japanese quartz movement. The face looks hand painted (or written with a gold pen). It has been split into unusual sections so the hour hand lies within the segment for the whole hour duration. This means that the numbers are 1/24th of a dial further round than you'd expect, which made it a little strange to read at a glance.

The back of the watch has the initials h.k.c engraved in the centre. I haven't found any company this refers to, so maybe someone's initials.

It mentions on the back plate that the back is stainless steel and there is a Japanese movement. It also has the number 2035 which I think refers to a type of Myota movement (which is a Citizen Watch Co., Ltd company).

The strap is of a cuff style in thick brown leather, and this does a double loop around your wrist.

3 comments:

  1. Hi. Happy holidays! I lost my h.k.c watch a few days back. Has sentimental value to it. I didn't really think I'd find one just like it again until I came across this blog, while searching for one that would at least be similar. Would you, by any chance, consider selling that? He he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much is this? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have it. the strap is different, but hkc 2350 japan movement.

    ReplyDelete