Monday 5 October 2015

United Colors of Benetton - Date Wheel

Today's post is another short one as I don't have a great deal of information about the watch.

This watch is another by the fashion brand United Colors of Benetton. I've blogged two classes of watch from Benetton - the Benetton by Bulova range, and the United Colors of Benetton watches, and this is from the second category. As I've blogged about Benetton many times before, I won't repeat myself here too much, so please do check out my other Benetton posts for more information.

This model is a quartz analogue watch with a 3 hand dial design. I've nicknamed it 'date wheel' as just inside the ring of text for the hours is a ring of 31 small windows for the date. Behind most of the windows is a bright yellow colour background, with only the right date having an orange dot there. The hands are a matching yellow and orange, while the hours dots are a lime green colour. The rest of the face is a pattern of turquoise (maybe aquamarine) and dark blue, and the case (made from base metal) is painted/anodized blue too. To keep up with the blue scheme, the strap is a blue leather, while the buckle is also anodized blue metal.

The watch back is a smooth shiny stainless steel plate with the typical United Colors of Benetton rectangle logo, and also has the material and water resistance info (3atm). There is also a number which I assume is a model number of 940.0048.20 although I find no official record of this number online.

As for the date of the watch, I have no info and must make a guess. The other United Colors of Benetton watches have seemed to be from the 2000s (and definitely appear newer than the 90s based Benetton by Bulova), so I'd guess this is 2000s too.

No comments:

Post a Comment