Saturday 24 November 2012

Timex Skiathlom - Blue with resin strap.

Very early on in my blogging, I posted about an unusual watch called the Timex Skiathlom (although it's often misquoted as Skiathlon). In that post I mentioned that there was another colour scheme, and there was a resin strap option.

I have now got one of those resin strap, alternative colour versions, and that is what I'm posting today.

The Skiathlom came out around 1987 (the trademark was registered in 1986), and had finished by 1993 (as the trademark was ended then). It was aimed at skiers, with large buttons that can be operated with gloves, and an external temperature sensor. A surf version called K-28 Surf was also released and had only cosmetic differences.

The watch has a two line LCD display (6 digits per line), with day month and date on top and time below. Temperature is displayed along a bar at the top (approximately 3C per block, but the scale isn't quite even), or can be shown as digits replacing the date display. It also has alarm, timer, and chronograph functions.

The watch was made in Korea, and uses a 2016FA (CR2016) cell

1 comment:

  1. I have one of these for sale. Never used it 9skiing wasn't my thing apparently...)

    ReplyDelete