Wednesday 28 November 2012

ZZYZX Guitar watch

Today, I get to the Guitar in my Zzyzx band (after my mistake on day 1).

This watch under the Zzyzx brand has a body shaped like a guitar with the watch face in the middle. The watch even has Tremelo (or whammy bar) which is hinged and can move. Design-wise, it appears to be an electro acoustic guitar, similar to the Ibanez Hollowbody Electro Acoustic guitar (here).

As with the Bass Guitar, the neck of the guitar is one half of the strap (with a leather section for the other half). The watch only has 4 strings (as with the bass), but there are 6 tuning pegs on the end of the neck.
The Zzyzx brand was produced by Hong Kong based Hind International Investment Ltd, with these watches coming from 2001.

The watch itself is a 3-hand dial (with the logo on the dial), and is powered by a Japanese quartz movement (which takes an AG4 battery).

Again, the watch back says '2001 design ZX original'.

7 comments:

  1. Mine is different kind of, you have six tuning pegs w/ 4 strings but I have 4 tuning pegs w/ 4 strings :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a watch like the watch shown but my watch is more colorful. The guitar has blues, reds orange and greens. Also mine is a 2001 watch. Anyone else have one of these watches??

      Delete
    2. I have 4 strings, 4 pegs, black body, silver trim.

      Delete
    3. I have 4 strings, 4 pegs, black body, silver trim.

      Delete
  2. I have one and was wondering is it worth anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently found a watch like this. Has 4 strings,4 pegs but is blue with silver trim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is exactly as described above.

    ReplyDelete