Thursday 29 November 2012

ZZYZX Drum Kit watch

Day 4 in the Zzyzx band, and it's time for the drums. I hope you aren't all getting board of these Zzyzx watches by now.

This is the fourth of 5 musical instruments watches that were released under the Zzyzx brand in around 2001.

The Zzyzx brand is owned by a Hong Kong based watch manufacturer called Hind International Investment Ltd. The company was founded in either 1958 or 1987 depending on which source of information I used. Under the Zzyzx brand, many different types of novelty watches were produced including these instruments.

The drum kit watch is probably the largest of the group. It has 3 different 'drums' and a cymbal, with the watch face on the lowest drum. All of the drums have a sparkly texture, with the two that are not overlapping (the watch face and one other) having glass over.

As with the others, the watch has a 3-hand dial with the logo on the face, and is powered by a Japanese quartz movement with an AG4 battery. It also has the same triangular shape and '2001 design ZX original' engraved into the back.

The strap on this one is a more normal leather strap. It has a buckle fastening with a logo engraved (ZX in a triangle).

So now I've covered all of the normal instruments in a band, and guesses on the final instrument?

8 comments:

  1. Like the collection, but I have a question, I own a ZX original motorcycle watch and can not seem to find any info on it. It looks like a harley and has black leather wings with a black leather strap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where could I purchase this drum set watch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you be willing to sell this watch, my daughter is graduating from High School and I have been looking everywhere for this watch and cant find one its the perfect gift for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one for sale on ebay if anyone is interested.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131151156753

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James, I am Mark Temperato. I would like to get that watch you had posted with the drums. I see you had one for 25 and it ended. I hold the Guinness World Record for the largest drum set and I would like to frame this with the record. thank you...my email - marktemperato@hotmail.com

      Delete
    2. I have one for sale. $30.00. Juanlobomartinez@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. I have one for sale two on eBay or Facebook

    ReplyDelete