Thursday 30 May 2013

Diesel DV-7072 Gold and White

Out of all of the modern non-Japanese watch makers, the Diesel brand probably makes the most interesting looking in general.

Today's watch is highly noticeable in gold and white, and features a large dot matrix LCD display. The display is mirrored and shows the time in inverse (gaps for the numbers), but the date and day are normal (dots are activated for the numbers).

This model is the DZ-7072, and has dual time (with a simple toggle between using the select button), alarm, stopwatch, and timer features. There is also an el-backlight. But is also has an unusual feature - a Tips button. Pressing the button reveals a scrolling message where the date normally shows. These messages are rather strange, such as:
"I'm turned on"
"Don't ever leave me"
"Smile at a stranger"
"Youch! Don't press so hard!"
"Radar detects incoming coffee break..."
"Ha! Thought I was sleeping huh?"
"When am I going to get laid?"
I don't know how many messages there, but they are numbered (coming out randomly), and the highest number I've seen is 28 (so I'd guess 30).

The design is set so that the watch case merges with the strap through a white leather panel featuring a metal shield design. As with many watches, the strap can suffer from brittleness, but at least the leather holds things together.

The back shows an etched picture of a person with a Mohawk hairstyle, with the phrase "Diesel - only the brave".

I don't know when it came out, but it is a discontinued model.

No comments:

Post a Comment