Saturday 26 May 2012

Casio G-Shock GT-001AT-7 - Royal Academy of Fine Art, Antwerp

Today's watch is a Casio G-Shock GT-001, and the design was one of the first with a sleeker G-Cool design.
The design was first issued in 1996, and the basic model cost 15,000yen, but this model came out in August 1997 at a cost of 20,000yen.

This version is a special edition in the Antwerp Tokyo range, and promotes the Koninklijke Academie voor Schone Kunsten Antwerpen (the Royal Academy of Fine Art in Antwerp). It may have been designed by Annelies Braeckman or Mode. The watch strap is white leather, and embossed with various countries. The backlight shows the shape of  Belgium in red with a white hand in the middle. The back shows the crest of the Academy with a box showing 1663 over (which is the date the academy was founded).


The watch looks like it is a limited edition, due to the date box, but I don't think it actually is.
It uses a 1595 module, having the normal time, alarm, timer and stopwatch modes. The time and date are shown across two lines, and there are two bars across the top which fill up with the seconds (one bar for ones, one for 10s).
The full model number is GT-001AT-7




3 comments:

  1. Hello, very interesting I came across this watch. This has been one of my favorite Casio G-shock watches. This watch was used in the movie Entrapment with Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones, but it was the black version. So far, I have not been able to find one for sale, since I lost the one I had. Very nice watch you have. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found one for sale at the moment (white, but the strap is a bit worn) - send me an e-mail and I can point you to where you can find it!

      Delete
    2. Hello Mario M.!

      I have ones! G-Shock GT-001. Black. (Antwerpen)

      NOS. Never used, with original parts, with original band. I can send photos, if you want. Can you give me mail adress? The Price is 499 USD. I'm a maybe big seller, but this watch is not my favorite. I hav more than 75 Casios. (Sorry for my english.)
      With best regards: Gergely Imre from Hungary

      Delete