Friday 5 April 2013

Teotc Limited Edition by Seiko

It's a mystery watch again today, and one I can't find online from any of my searches!

The watch appears to be by/for TEOTC as this is the name written on the front. This name gives me nothing on a search apart from people's usernames for various forums, so I don't know anything about them. The back of the watch isn't much more help as it is written in a stylized Japanese script. Below the Japanese characters is the code 01S0A1N00 which doesn't ring any bells either, and has 0 hits on the web!

What I do know is that the module (and maybe the watch too) is by Seiko. It has the Seiko W853 module that features in the Timetron-h and one of the Alba AKA watches. The module is a high tech dot matrix LCD display with 4 lines (or 3 with a double height middle line if you prefer that layout), and has mode, time, and date (month, date, and day) all displayed. The mode button is also replaced by a menu button which then assigns modes to each button eliminating the need to scroll through all of the options to get where you want to go. The modes included are alarm (x5),world time, timer, and chronograph.

The full model number is W853-4030, and unusually it is a Chinese module with Japanese case!

I'm also pretty sure that this is a limited edition as instead of a serial number, it has what looks like an edition number, out of a total of 1999. Because of the 1999 watches released, I'd guess this was released in 1999.

That's all I know about this one, so if anyone out there has any more details, I'd love to hear from you :-).

2 comments:

  1. It's a limited edition watch for the year 2000 (Y2K), released on the year 1999, I also owned one~

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW the Japanese characters (世紀末) means "End of Century", my watch serial is 0017/1999

    ReplyDelete