Tuesday 24 December 2013

Super Lovers Digital Rock Wide Case Watch

I've realised I don't have too many Christmas watches in my collection, so I thought I'd do one with a Christmassy colour instead.
The watch I chose was another in the Super Lovers range of watches made by the Harajuku Super Lovers clothing brand from Tokyo, Japan. The Harajuku Super Lovers brand started in 1988 and was a Japanese take on London club culture. They are well known in Japan for their no question designs, and the Harajuku clothing scene has since become known the world over.
Under the Super Lovers name, there seem to be a few sub-lines such as Lovers Rock and Lovers House. This watch comes from the Digital Rock line (which I'm assuming is a line because this is the second watch with this title that I've blogged). Although the watch is called Digital Rock, it doesn't have a digital display, instead having a 3 hand dial design. I've called this the Wide Case watch because the design has a much wider case than it is tall, but it still is only 3-4 cm wide. The dial is very small and offset to the right of centre, with the middle of the dial sitting in the middle of the Super Lovers logo of a heart in a diamond shape. The strap is a red patent leather strap with the digital rock logo on both pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment