Tuesday, 4 December 2012

grafix Target-Style LCD dial watch

Today is a watch that I know very little about, and have struggled to find anything on, but looks interesting :-)

The watch is called grafix (without a capital letter) and has a round LCD display. It only uses numbers for the minutes though, and there are no 'hands'. Hours are displayed on 4 groups of 3 segments coming out radially from the centre. Three full segments is one quarter of the dial and represents 3 o'clock, and it's the same idea with 6, 9, and 12. There is one button which can switch the display to a target (short press), or set the time (long press). There is also a seconds marker around the edge where an LCD segment shows every 5 seconds at the right place around the dial.

On the back, it states that this watch is copyright to CGI in 1992, but I don't know anything about this company. It also mentions the battery type (SR1130/390).

7 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS WATCH - A SHOW STOPPER - BUT MINE IS BROKEN AND MANY REPAIR PEOPLE HAVE TRIED TO FIX IT BUT ALAS WITH NO SUCCESS...THE INARDS LOOK OK AND THE BATTERY HAS BEEN REPLACED --- ANY IDEAS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also have a watch by grafix and just got it working again. Mine is a little different with actual numbers that only show when it's that hour. It also has the minutes in the center. Here's all I could find on the company: http://www.metroactive.com/papers/cruz/11.21.96/trek-jewelry-9647.html - a little more research may uncover more info. I just had to stop! Bought mine in '92.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this same watch with only the number of the hour it is, showing up. I bought mine years ago from a magazine I have long forgotten. :(

      Delete
  3. I still have mine. It has stopped working and changing the battery doesn't fix it. I wish I could find a working one to purchase. This is my favorite of all the watches I have ever owned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have one that I got as an Xmas gift years ago - It was cool but I never wore it because it was too big for my taste. It is like new in original box with instructions. Of course the battery is long since dead but as I recall mine had a different graphic pattern called "Segments" - the instructions show all of the patterns - the one pictured above is "Target", there was also "Galaxy" with planets and stars, and "Numeral". I am willing to part with it.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete