Wednesday 19 June 2013

Casio Waveceptor WV-50H

I was travelling today, so thought I'd use one of the watches with the radio control to save me changing the time zone.

The Casio Waveceptor range are the Casio watches that use the radio control on different frequencies to connect to stations around the world and automatically set the time.

This Waveceptor is the WV-50H which is a radio controlled watch with a 25 time zone world time. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work in Europe as I had to change the time manually anyway.

The watch uses a 2408 module and has a 2 line LCD display. The hours are in large digits along the bottom, with day, date, and seconds along the top. It also has an alarm and stopwatch, as well as a date alert option, and there is an electro-luminescent backlight.

I don't know when this first came out, but the date starts from 2001. I think the original price was somewhere between $30 and $40.

No comments:

Post a Comment