Friday 14 June 2013

Takara Watch-Q Colt Combat Custom

I've always had a soft spot for the transforming robot watches, mainly the Tokima brand, but I have a bit of a collection of the Takara watches too.

The Takara Co. Ltd are a Japanese toy company, founded in the 1950s with a moto of "playing is culture", and most famous for their transformer toys. They produced transformer watch toys under the Kronoform and Watch-Q names during the 1980s and this is one of those.

This watch is called the Watch-Q Colt Combat Custom, and is a transformer but not a robot which came out in 1984. It is a transforming toy gun watch with the watch head being the handle and barrel of the toy gun. It came with attachments of a scope, silencer, stand, and shoulder piece. The gun used a spring loaded system which fired small (3mm) plastic balls. The silencer also has a space for a LR1 battery (like a short AAA battery), and has a light in the end turning it into a torch.

The watch part is built into the handle of the gun and shows the time on a 2 line LCD display with 2 digits on each line (the display is just about 4 digits wide but they are offset so the minutes are 3/4 of a digit lower than the hours.

These models seem to be quite rare, and last month (May 2013), just the box and insert for this watch sold for just under $75 (-yes, just the box without the watch sold for that much!).

The number on the box is 203303-3-2800, and I think it would have sold for between 2,800 and 3,980 yen (based on the prices of other watches in the range).

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jollyaard! This is the first time I've come across your site in my search for Transformers. What a great concept with a different watch everyday!

    My reason for contacting you is I would like to ask you if you would be interested in selling me this Watch-Q that you have in this article? If you are interested to discuss the possibility of this please reply back to me at angrycanadiandecepticon@gmail.com

    Also, I just did a watch Kronoform watch posting recently on my blog; give it a look here : http://angrycanadiandecepticon.blogspot.ca/2015/01/kronoform-robot-watch.html

    Thanks again for your time.
    Keep on collecting,
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natural disasters are only too real and in our back yards. In my opinion this is much more nerve-wracking than any horror https://freenetflixacc2019.weebly.com/ with ghosts, zombies, vampires and aliens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Planning a child's party can be overwhelming, especially if this your first party. Hopefully this article will help you put it all into perspective: First of all set a suitable date for your party: If your child is in school then weekends work best, especially Saturdays. For younger children that are not yet at school, you can be more flexible, however do consider parents that work during the week who then may not be able to bring their child to the party. bux party

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want reading through and I conceive this website got some really utilitarian stuff on it! . bigg boss tamil voting poll

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello there and thank you for your information – I’ve certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this web site, as I experienced to reload the web site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you update this again soon.. review lady

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to express my respect for your generosity giving support to folks who have the need for help with this theme. Your special commitment to getting the solution across was extraordinarily informative and has all the time helped some individuals much like me to realize their ambitions. The warm and friendly useful information denotes a lot to me and a whole lot more to my office workers. Best wishes; from everyone of us. audition dateand place

    ReplyDelete
  7. Attractive portion of content. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact loved account your weblog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your augment and even I success you get admission to constantly quickly. wood gram

    ReplyDelete