Tuesday 25 March 2014

Deadman Deluxe LSD5857

I'm back with the 6th of my Deadman watches today. I'm gradually piecing together information, and I think I might get a breakthrough from a recent purchase.

But in the interim, here is my Deadman Deluxe model.

The Deluxe is a 3 hand dial watch with a round dial, and is one of the more normal Deadman designs. It has hour markers, with numbers only at the 6 and 12 o'clock positions. Around the edge of the dial are markers for a tachymeter, which you can use against the normal seconds hand.

The watch uses a Japanese quartz movement, and in at least this model it is a Seiko Epson module (-this may be the same for all Deadmans, but I haven't been able to check yet).

The Deadman watches were released in the late 90s, and have a 60s or 70s feel. They appeared in several watch magazines when they were released, but not much is known online.

The watches came with a model number either starting GV or LSD, and this is a LSD model with the number LSD5857 (or LSD 5857).

No comments:

Post a Comment