Thursday 27 March 2014

Flik Flak - Jumping Jack kids watch

The Flik Flak brand is one that I vaguely remember from adverts in my childhood days, but I never owned one then. I think it was a brand that I'd always wanted to have, as the adverts seemed like it was what all of the cool kids wore.

Now I'm an adult, I finally have one, and I'm blogging it today.

The Flik Flak watches are a Swiss brand made specially for kids. The brand started in 1987 to bring the creativeness of the Swatch company to the kids watch market. The name comes from Flik and Flak being the tick and took of the watch.

This model is a black and red design with a picture of a whale jumping through a flaming hoop (which is not so politically correct anymore). The velcro strap seems to connect inside the case, and is only really long enough for kids (or just about for an adult if your wrists are as thin as mine). It has a 3 hand dial design with a Swiss quartz movement, housed inside an Aluminium case.

The small text on the face of the watch says copyright ETA 1996 which means this design is likely from 1996 or 1997. 

Update: it seems that the whale is called Jack as the watch is called Jumping Jack and was released in the 1997 Spring Summer collection. It came in two versions with a coloured standard strap and this model with the velcro strap. The model number is FBB341 (or FBB341V if you include the strap part of the number). 

No comments:

Post a Comment