Sunday 3 March 2013

Hog Wild Bracelet Watch

I was sorting out boxes today, and found this watch. It's in a bad state, and probably beyond repair, but it's been with me through a lot.

I got it in the early 2000s, at the time I was playing a lot of touch rugby. As there was the potential for contact, I couldn't wear a normal watch, so bought this to wear while playing. So this must be one of my most worn watches, as I used it twice a week for 3-4 years.

The watch is copyright of Hog Wild, LLC. Hog Wild was formed in 1996, and sell innovative novelty products for older kids and into adults. The company is based in Portland, Oregon (or Porkland as they call it), but the watch is made in China.

It has a stretchy rubber strap which fastens onto the ends of the plastic watch head. The head houses the watch module, which displays time on it's 4 digit LCD display. There are inset buttons in the back, one for changing the display (time, date, or seconds), and one for setting the watch.

According to the back of the watch, it was made in 2003. Due to it's age and exposure to the elements, the rubber in the strap has now perished, and is quite fragile.

No comments:

Post a Comment