Friday 11 September 2015

Hashu Backlit Dial Watch

Last time I blogged one of these watches by the mystery brand Hashu, I thought I'd had a breakthrough, but it didn't help in the end. I got more information with today's Hashu too,  but it's still not helped too much in the search.

The watch is a quartz analogue model with a 3 hand dial design. Above the crown there is also a small button which activates an el-backlight on the face where the numbers are printed. The dial is pretty colourful in bright green and orangy red, and the surround is sloping and mirrored which makes it look a little like the dial is floating inside the watch. The case is moulded stainless steel with a curved finish, and it has a matching stainless steel strap (which reminds me of the Seiko Alba AKA watches), and is overall 3 atm water resistant.

There is more information on the back, as the watch says the Hashu brand name, but also states that they have been around since 1970. It also has the statement 'Nostalgic New York design' which is confusing as it suggests it is a Far East watch with New York design, and the use of atm not bar suggests it was aimed at the European market! I've tried searching online with this information, but the only thing I found out was that the information was used on several watches (and it didn't lead me to any brand info).

The is also a number on the back, 20/520-K which I guess is a model number. Date-wise, I don't know, but guess late 90s or early 00s.

No comments:

Post a Comment