Monday 25 February 2013

Casio ME-100 - META psychedelia

Today's watch type will be familiar to those following my blog, but not the version.

It seems that this type of watch, the Casio ME-100, is quite uncommon as I don't come across it online very often. The other unusual thing is that of the three different ones I've seen, two of them were specially branded models.

This model is a version is done with META psychedelia, and has that name engraved below the display. The watch also has a pattern of squares on the strap and in the backlight, and what looks like a yacht or arrow passing over a wavy line on the back and the clasp. Searching for the name does not get anything on Google though, except for links to auctions, so I know nothing on who or what Meta psychedelia is. It has also been listed online as meta psychedesia, but although it looks a little like that, I think it's a stylized 'l' rather than an 's'.

The noticeable thing about the design is that the face is offset against the strap, making it easy to hook over a long sleeve to keep it visible.

It has a 1672 module, and this gives it a data bank (with 30 slots), alarm, and stopwatch, and it has a world time feature. There is also an option called auto light which is activated by holding the button until a small sun symbol appears, but I haven't worked out how or when the light automatically works! The display is a square dot matrix LCD panel showing 6 digits, each being 3x5 pixels.

The strap part number is S-695L.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this watch, it's like a star trek or star wars watch, it gives you new powers ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three With different patterns in backlight but never founded the meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one casio me100, normaly & make me confidence 👍

    ReplyDelete