Monday 18 February 2013

Freestyle Shark Countdown Timer

The more I go through my blogging, the more I find out about my collection. It's been built up over so many years that I don't really know how it's really made up. It seems, for example, that I have many more retro LCD watches than I'd thought (which aren't so unusual looking, but still quite interesting).

Today it's the turn of another LCD watch, which I think is from the 1990s. It is a Freestyle Shark watch, with the name Countdown Timer written across the top. The watch is by FreeStyle USA (-many places refer to Shark brand, but I think that is just the line of watches), who have been making watches for around the last 30 years. The back says that this is one of their performance timing machines, and they only make sports watches. The Shark watches are the ones aimed at surfers and are proclaimed to be "the raddest watches in the universe".

The Freestyle Shark watches are still going today, but I think that this is one of the earlier models they released. It is an LCD watch with two lines, showing day and date along the top, and the time below (6 digits). It is an alarm chronograph countdown timer, so has all of those features, along with dual time. Lighting is provided by a small bulb. The strap is fabric with a shark logo and fastens with a plastic clip, so is good for it's surfing intentions.

The text on the back makes it appear that this is a limited edition, as it says 045/106 (maybe 108). Searching for the number gets no hits implying it isn't a model number, so, it appears this is a very limited model!

No comments:

Post a Comment