Saturday 10 May 2014

Super Lovers All Stars - Spinning Rainbow watch

It's the Eurovision Song Contest final tonight, so I've chosen a watch to match - something big, colourful, strange, loud, and a little over the top.

The watch I chose is by the Japanese design brand Super Lovers. The Super Lovers watches are released for the Harajuku Super Lovers company, and the more I find, the more mysterious it gets.

This model caught my eye because of the mad design. The face has stripes of colour through the glass so it looks colourful from above, but the stripes also block the view if you look from the side. The entire case rotates as well, so you have to make sure it is the right way up before reading it. This is all then mounted on a wide red leather strap.

The watch is a 3 hand dial design, and the face features the Super Lovers Superman heart logo, with the words All Star around the edge (along with a few stars).

Inside is a module (0120?) by Morioka Tokei Inc, which I think is owned by Seiko. On the inside of the back case is the number 2001 which I think is the date, and a surprise. It seems that the case was made by ZZYZX, who have featured on my blog in 2012 for their 2001 range of musical instruments watches. They are a brand name under the ownership of Hong Kong based Hind International Investments Ltd. This is the only Super Lovers watch (so far) to have this reference, so it seems to fit with my theory about Super Lovers commissioning watches from different places (with different case makers and different companies modules).

No comments:

Post a Comment