Sunday 22 June 2014

Crater Quartz Rotating Disc watch

I'm being the champion of unknown Japanese fashion watches again today.

This watch is by Crater (or Crater Quartz). I've seen their models a few times, but this is the most unusual design I've come across.

The watch is a rotating disc take on a jump hour watch, which is not particularly unusual, but this has a more unusual case shape. The case is narrower than normal giving a barrel shape, with a large section at the top for reading the time. The display is clear with a 3 disc layout, but the seconds disc has 4 markers so is more for indication rather than timing.

The watch is assembled in China, but has a Japanese movement. I don't know the date for the watch, but it could be any time from late 90s to now (-I'd guess 00s).

1 comment:

  1. I found the same watch while cleaning my grandfather's room. Became quite curious because of the unusual design and this is the only post in internet I've found the same watch. Thanks for this info! :)

    ReplyDelete