Sunday 1 June 2014

Rubicon Colour Moon SIL-1088

It's been a couple of years since I posted about a watch from Rubicon. At that time, I'd thought that the watch's name was Rubicon, but I now know that this is a brand name.

The Rubicon watches seem to be made by the Japanese company Yazaki Co. Ltd who are based in Tokyo. Most of the watches have the phrase on the back "The Great Trick Timepiece".

This model is called Colour Moon (xxxx Moon seems to be a theme with the names), and has a model number of SIL-1088. It has a square black case with a black face, and just a ring shaped window in the front. Through the window, you can see that it is a 3 hand dial model. The seconds hand is very thin, and the hour hand just goes across half of the window so you can tell the time. Above the crown is a button, but looking inside, this doesn't connect to anything. The strap is a one piece silicone rubber design which I think comes in a range of colours.

I don't know when this came out, but I'd guess it is pretty current. I also don't have a selling price, but this brand are normally low cost watches (less than ¥4,000).

No comments:

Post a Comment