Wednesday 26 November 2014

Module - Crown rotated bezel watch

Today, I'm with one of the mystery fashion watches from my collection.

This is my third watch from a range called Module. The range has released a wide variety of different designs, as you can see in my posts, and seems to share some common designs with a few other mystery fashion watches (-more of this will be revealed as I post the watches in question). Module watches are produced by Poll Position Ltd Co, who are also a bit of a mystery. There are a few companies online which have very similar names, and the closest option seems to be an Osaka based company which distributes Lip watches and is classed as a precision equipment manufacturer, but I've still not been able to confirm this absolutely. The only English links I found for Poll Position and Module together actually link to this blog...

The watch is a 3 hand dial design watch with a quartz movement. It has a round dial on a rectangular case and a black leather strap with a wide panel of leather across the back of the watch. Looking at the watch, one unusual thing catches your eye - this watch has two crowns, one at the 3 o'clock position, and one at 4 o'clock. The crown at the 3 o'clock position is a normal crown for setting the time, but the lower crown actually rotates the bezel behind the glass. This design of rotating bezel is like a design used by the high-end Citizen world time watches, however on this watch, the bezel only has 5 minute (or second) markers with numbers only for 0, 5, and 10.

I got the watch in a completely new condition recently, so I guess that it isn't so old.

No comments:

Post a Comment