Monday 23 February 2015

Benetton by Bulova - Black and White

I seem to have quite a collection of these Benetton by Bulova watches now, and so I'm going to try to research them a bit deeper to find out more about the background.

Most of the models I've blogged before have been highly colourful, but today's model is quite a plain design in comparison. It has the usual shaped case for the range, but this time in shiny silver. The face here is white, with a black ring where the hours numbers are shown. There are also minutes numbers and markers outside the ring in black text and the Benetton name and logo inside the ring. The design is completed with a brown leather strap, but I can't be sure that it is original (although it does have a Benetton buckle).

The watch is a 3 hand dial design, and is powered by a Swiss Ronda quartz movement.

The Benetton by Bulova range appears to have started in the late 80s or early 90s, and I'm still trying to narrow that timing down (as well as when the range finished). Other models have shown to be assembled in Hong Kong, so I'd guess that was common for the range too.

No comments:

Post a Comment