Sunday 20 July 2014

Crazy Planet Gumwatch Aqua

It's really hot here today so I thought I'd wear something silly and summery.

This watch was bought by me when I was living in Scotland (in the early 00s). I was queueing to buy my lunch one day and this was by the counter and caught my eye so I decided I must have it (and it cost me £5).

The watch is made for Crazy Planet who are based in Barcelona, Spain. The Crazy Planet brand was started by the Spanish Chupa Chups S.A. company in the late 90s, famous for their lollipops, to market non-lolipop products.

This product is the Gumwatch Aqua, or as I refer to it, my sweet dispensing water pistol watch. The Gumwatch Aqua has a basic 3 1/2 digit LCD display, and like most novelty watches, has just time, date, and seconds displays. The case is huge, because the majority of the watch is taken up by its special features. On the right side is a button called open, which causes the watch face to flip up, revealing the space for the gum sweets underneath. On the left side is a flip up targeting sight, and the trigger for the built-in water pistol. The nozzle for the spray is at the top/front of the watch so it is easy to squirt people in front of you, and you can get 5-6 squirts from a full tank. The filling hole is on the bottom of the watch, but the water pistol can be detached so you can fill it without getting the sweets wet (or to use it as a separate mini water pistol). This is definitely meant to be a kids watch, but the case is so big, it dwarfs my wrist, and maybe is the largest watch I own!

10 comments:

  1. I bought one of these yeeaaars back in the early 2000's in a candy store in holland. I was such a fan of the spy gear and all the tricks that this was a real treat for me. It must have started leaking for me to chuck it out but this toy was always a fond memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. memories. Hello kids from 90s

    ReplyDelete
  3. had one in romania as a kid, loved it so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it leaked for me too and lost the cover for the water reservoir and also never had the target and the water pump plastic broke =))

      Delete
  4. I have two in the original packaging unopened. Any thoughts on what they might be worth? Nothing on ebay at the moment. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw 50 but could be tripping, Funny a comment from last monday/

      Delete
  5. I have one of these for sale, unopened

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mam dvoje síce použité ale funkčné

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aká tam ide baterka, prosím, mám túto hodimnkovú hračku, ale bez baterky a neviem aku dokupiť.Dakujem pekne

    ReplyDelete