Tuesday 7 October 2014

Deadman Mechanical Special Edition

This is my 1000th post on my blog! It's not quite the 1000th watch (which will come sometime next week), but I'm happy to have reached this milestone!

I decided to mark the occasion with one of my Deadman watches, and one with a very smart look.

The watch is called a Special Edition on the face, but I'm not sure if there was some special occasion it was released for, but it has a high quality look about it.
The face shows this as a skeleton watch, but with 1/2 of the face covered. The shape of the covered half is made so that the dial looks like a yin and yang symbol (or taijiku as I found out earlier this week). The back is also clear showing the very cut away mechanical movement inside. It is a hand wind mechanical watch with 3 hands and a sweep hand movement registering at least 14,400 bph (>4 beats per second). The movement is a 17 jewel design, but there are no makers marks obvious on the movement through any of the windows.

There is also no model number on this watch, which seems to be the case for most of the mechanical Deadman watches. All that is written on the watch is "Deadman, Mechanical, Hand winding mov't, 17 jewels, Special Edition".

I'm afraid I still don't know too much about the Deadman brand. I know that they were around in the late 90s, and produced a wide range of different design (as you can see by looking at the different models on my blog). The quartz watches were low cost, but they have a reasonable quality, and the mechanical watches are very well made.

No comments:

Post a Comment